Amalia is a hoot. She wakes up the morning with a huge smile and, within minutes, is up and about roaming the bedrooms trying to find someone to either talk to or climb on (or both). She has moments when the entire world crumbles in an instant (usually before her afternoon siesta) and both mom and dad are at wit's end, though Irini is rarely phased by it at all. But generally she is inquisitive, spontaneous, adventurous and talkative... with words that are new day to day. Here's a short list of favorites (and translations) that we're picking up over the summer:
- "Daddeee, whe ya you?" - it steals our heart away every time we hear it
- "Apo mamee" - meaning "s'agapo (I love you) mommy"
- "Nini come"
- "Patas" - it took a while for the adults to figure this one out until Irini announced it meant pasta
- "Dos, tres, dos" - One, two, three
- "My toloh" - "My stroller"
- "I want duces" - "I want dulces (sweets)" - this one was introduced by our various extended family members
- "Wait, wait, wait!"
- "I do daddy" - "I'll do it Daddy"... This is pretty much said all the time
- "Don stas?" - "Donde estas?"
- "I wan pilly pool" - "I want to go to the swimming pool"




No comments:
Post a Comment